The Regional Manager is the culture leader of our multi-unit Sky Zone business, ensuring that the team has the knowledge and resources needed to maintain focus on Sky Zone's cores values: Make it Fun, Keep it Safe, Be Healthy, Do Good and Deliver Wow. This position oversees all park General Managers, their teams, and day-to-day operational functions. This includes developing and implementing processes, ensuring a safe and functional operating environment for the team and our guests, and consistently working to improve the Delivery of WoW guest experiences and operational efficiencies.
The position requires excellent leadership and communication skills. The Regional Manager loves to train, coach and mentor our site-based managers and part time team members so that they can deliver exceptional guest experiences while also growing and developing as professionals. The Regional Manager has exceptionally high standards and works diligently to set up systems that allow those standards to be met consistently.
In addition, this position is responsible for supporting new site openings by developing strategic relationships and recruiting top notch talent to join our management teams.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are executed consistently
- Conduct periodic evaluations of facilities and operations
- Observe procedures in action and make any necessary adjustments. Requires working on sites at different days and times, busy or not, weekday or weekend, opening or closing, etc.
- Closely monitor guest feedback and Net Promoter Scores for each park
- Support site-based management teams in the implementation of marketing and programming initiatives
Recruitment and Training:
- Support new site openings by recruiting and training new managers and their part-time teams
- Work with the VP of Operations to recruit, interview and onboard new managers for existing sites as needed
- Plan and implement quarterly trainings across all sites
- Ensure sites are schedule to market demand by overseeing GM labor forecasting
- Periodically sit in on part time team member trainings to ensure high quality implementation of our onboarding process
- Observe staff in action and make recommendations for additional support and advancement
- Attend all-team staff meetings facilitated by GMs to provide input and support
- Participate in the performance reviews of GMs and junior managers
- Collaborate with GMs pm the successful implementation of programs and events
- Track program enrollment and participation
- Facilitate follow up evaluation sessions of initiatives to capture best practices
Budget and Finances:
- Responsible for meeting benchmarks with respect to labor costs, operating expenses and profit margins
- Oversee Operations Managers in regard to ordering, inventory and expense management
- Review site budgets and financial performance monthly with the Financial Controller and with each site's General Manager to evaluate if targets are being met successfully
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Two plus years as a multi-unit manager in a recreation, entertainment, or hospitality environment
- Deep experience in training and staff development
- Proven ability to motivate a team and drive culture to create results
- Ability to solve problems under pressure while maintaining a fun, friendly environment
- Previous management experience with new-to-the-workforce, part-time staff
- Strong business acumen with a cross functional view of business
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Regional travel required