Sky Zone Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
Sky Zone is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with Sky Zone. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
Who is Sky Zone?
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, date of birth, ethnic origin and credit records. Information about individuals contained in publicly available printed and electronic publications is not considered personal information.
We are accountable to you
Sky Zone is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have designated individuals in each of our business entities who are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
We let you know why we collect and use your personal information and get your consent
Sky Zone identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below we will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purpose of:
- communicating with you generally, including providing our electronic newsletter
- processing and keeping track of transactions
- providing the products and services requested by you, including participation in the activities we offer
- recommending products and services that Sky Zone believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- performing statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of our products and services so as to improve those products and services and to gather marketing information. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose
- protecting against fraud or error
- complying with legal and governmental requirements
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you
Otherwise, Sky Zone will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose your personal information. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting Sky Zone. Please refer to the “How to contact us” section below for contact details.
We limit collection of your personal information
Sky Zone collects only the information required to permit participation in the activities we offer and provide our products and services to you. Sky Zone will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to participate in the activities we offer, or take advantage of many of our products and services.
We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our websites. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
We limit disclosure and retention of your personal information
Sky Zone does not disclose personal information to any organization or person for any reason except the following:
- we employ, or may in the future employ, other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
- we work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, we operate locations, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your personal information for those purposes. If your personal information is shared with third parties, those third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with Sky Zone to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Sky Zone retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
We keep your personal information up to date and accurate
Sky Zone keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use.
You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party. To access your personal information, refer to the “How to contact us” section below.
The security of your personal information is a priority for Sky Zone
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection and database encryption
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
We are open about our privacy and security policy
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our website, www.skyzone.com/winnipeg
under “Privacy” or upon request. To contact us, refer to the “How to contact us” section below.
We provide access to your personal information stored by Sky Zone
You can request access to your personal information stored by Sky Zone so you can review and verify existence, accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information make any necessary updates to your personal information. To contact us, refer to the “How to contact us” section below.
How to contact us
Sky Zone responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
Our contact information is as follows:
200 – 400 Fort Whyte Way
Our business changes constantly, and this privacy notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. We are, however, committed to protecting your information and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
For guests who would prefer to submit a waiver without DOB or gender, please access it here. Fill out one waiver per jumper and hand them to a Sky Zone team member upon check-in at the park.