1. Is it safe for me and my family to jump at Sky Zone Columbia? What measures has Sky Zone Columbia put in place in response to the virus?
The health and safety of our Guests and Team Members remains our top priority. In line with guidance provided by the CDC and other governmental health authorities, we have reinforced and extended our cleanliness measures to maintain a safe and hygienic park environment including, but not limited to:
· Increased daytime cleaning of all high-frequency touchpoints on a consistent basis in addition to regular cleaning procedures
· Increased number of sanitizer stations throughout the park including at park entrance, attractions, party rooms and bathrooms
· Daily disinfectant spraying of entire park using products that meet the EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19
· All Team Members required to wear a face covering/mask
· Newly installed Plexiglass partitions for Team Members assisting Guests at all cashier stations, front desk and party check-in area
· New sanitation and safety training completed by all Team Members.
- Reduced park capacity
2. How are you making sure Guests who are infected don’t come to the park and infect others?
We have important Guest health and safety guidelines posted at the entrance to all our parks reminding Guests about the importance of staying healthy and encouraging all Guests to follow guidance from the CDC, including the recommended prevention measures. In addition, we have also reinforced our cleanliness measures to maintain a safe and hygienic park environment. (see Q2 above)
4. Is social distancing enforced at Sky Zone Columbia?
Floor markers showing recommended social distancing are located throughout the park for queuing in the lobby, at the Fuel Zone and some attractions. Park capacity is also reduced and we are asking all Guests to adhere to the social distance standard of six feet apart at Fuel Zone tables, platform benches, mezzanine seating and throughout the park. We have and will continue to reinforce our park rules as well, including one person per trampoline.
5. Do I have to wear a face mask/covering in the park?
For guests on equipment (trampolines, warrior course, etc), masks are not required due to the fitness activity being performed nor are masks required for those guests under 10 years old anyone in the park. For guests not on equipment and/or are 10 years or older, masks are required per the City of Columbia Ordinance (Ordinance number 024284).
6. Will the park be providing face masks/coverings or can I purchase a face mask/covering from you?
Absolutely, we will have masks available that we will sell to you at the same cost in which we purchased. Guests with parties with us will receive complimentary masks included in their party package. We want all of our guests to be safe and the sale of masks goes towards replenishing our stock; we are not profiting on masks.