Do you like to live an active lifestyle and create an atmosphere of fun? Then Sky Zone is the workplace for you!
The Operations/Events Manager at Sky Zone is an important leader on the park management team. In coordination with other managers, this position is responsible for ensuring all elements of park safety, Team Member training, Guest Experience, Outreach, and event logistics, are executed to standard and team communication is coordinated and effective. The Operations/Events Manager’s ability to make sound decisions and tackle Guest Experience challenges is a key element to Sky Zone’s success.
This position manages the sales, marketing, event operations and daily operations of the park, including Event management, community outreach, party bookings, safety, administrative, and logistical functions. Serving as the Manager on Duty (MOD) is also a primary responsibility which includes opening and closing responsibilities, such as assigning tills and preparing deposits, ensuring staffing is adequate to support Guests and programs, conducting pre-shift meetings with the team, managing cleaning responsibilities, etc.
- Minimum education: Associates or Bachelor’s preferred
- Proven ability to motivate a team and drive culture to create results
- Ability to solve problems under pressure while maintaining a fun, friendly environment
- Previous management experience with new-to-the-workforce staff
- Previous experience in a Guest-facing environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Previous cash handling experience
- Familiarity with website editing and social media skills are a plus
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the ideal applicant:
- Lives the Sky Zone Core Values: Make if Fun, Keep it Safe, Be Healthy, Do Good and Deliver WoW
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset
- Holds him/herself and others to high standards
- Coaches and develops people
- Is passionate about and involved in the community
- Displays a WoW personality
- Function as the Manager on Duty (MOD) and confidently function in and train all Team Member roles and responsibilities.
- Deliver on the park’s monthly departmental goals by anticipating and recognizing business opportunities and leading the team to meet them through community outreach efforts.
- Adopt and maintain Sky Zone standards, policies and procedures at all times including but not limited to Waiver (Participant Agreement) Policy, ASTM standards, court rules, Guest service, food safety, etc.
- Provide the team with a welcoming and mutually supportive work environment
- Resolve Guest service issues with discretion and professionalism
- Ensure Team Members are knowledgeable about all products, programs and promotions offered
- Schedule team to meet the needs of the park and process payroll
- Ensure the park is clean, organized and ready to Deliver Wow at all times
- Oversee in-park marketing, including; banners, fliers, social media and website to meet Sky Zone standards
- Complete and maintain injury and incident records using the Sky Zone Forms Application. Report all incidents to the insurance agency promptly and follow-up with injured Guests as needed.
- Interview, hire and evaluate Team Members. Maintain HR documentation for all Team Members under the direction of the General Manager
- Train all new Team Members to function successfully in their Sky Zone roles, provide development and re-training opportunities as needed, and ensure all Team Members receive any necessary training on programs and promotions running in the park.
- Stay current with the Sky Zone Home Zone (corporate office) communication and relay important messages to members of the park team
- Manage Events team to Deliver WoW from the first Guest interaction through event finalization using consistent processes, coordination of event details, effective communication with Guests and development of the Guest relationships
- Develop strategies to drive birthday party bookings and revenue.
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Management: 1 year (Preferred)