The Assistant Manager at Sky Zone is an important leader on the park management team. Along with other managers, this position is responsible for ensuring all elements of park safety, Team Member training, Guest Experience, and event logistics are executed at a high standard while team communication is coordinated and effective. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for court maintenance and safety, along with facility maintenance and repair responsibilities. We're looking for a driven, fix-it specialist who takes the initiative to seek out problems, has the analytical skills to find their solutions and technical expertise to execute them.
Serving as the Manager on Duty (MOD) is also a primary responsibility which includes opening and closing responsibilities, such as assigning tills and preparing deposits, ensuring staffing is adequate to support Guests and programs, conducting pre-shift meetings with the team, managing cleaning responsibilities, etc.
- Minimum education: High School or equivalent
- Proven ability to motivate a team and drive culture to create results
- Ability to solve problems under pressure while maintaining a fun, friendly environment
- Previous experience in a Guest-facing environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Previous cash handling experience
- Ability to do manual labor
- First Aid-certified preferred
- Previous management experience with new-to-the-workforce staff preferred
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the ideal applicant:
- Lives the Sky Zone Core Values: Make if Fun, Keep it Safe, Be Healthy, Do Good and Deliver WoW
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset
- Holds him/herself and others to high standards
- Coaches and develops people
- Is passionate about and involved in the community
- Displays a WoW personality
- Function as the Manager on Duty (MOD) and confidently function in and train all Team Member roles and responsibilities.
- Deliver on the park’s monthly departmental goals by anticipating and recognizing business opportunities and leading the team to meet them.
- Adopt and maintain Sky Zone standards, policies and procedures at all times including but not limited to Waiver (Participant Agreement) Policy, ASTM standards, court rules, Guest service, food safety, etc.
- Provide the team with a welcoming and mutually supportive work environment
- Resolve Guest service issues with discretion and professionalism
- Ensure Team Members are knowledgeable about all products, programs and promotions offered
- Ensure the park is clean, organized and ready to Deliver Wow at all times
- Oversee in-park marketing, including; banners, fliers, social media and website to meet Sky Zone standards
- Complete and maintain injury and incident records using the Sky Zone Forms Application. Report all incidents to the insurance agency promptly and follow-up with injured Guests as needed.
- Train all new Team Members to function successfully in their Sky Zone roles, provide development and re-training opportunities as needed, and ensure all Team Members receive any necessary training on programs and promotions running in the park.
- Manage Events team to Deliver WoW from the first Guest interaction through event finalization using consistent processes, coordination of event details, effective communication with Guests and development of the Guest relationships
- Develop strategies to drive birthday party bookings and revenue.
- Conduct and log semi-weekly routine court inspections
- Make necessary repairs
- Notify General Manager of all court repairs immediately
- High school or equivalent